Wednesday, March 11, 2015

London Fashion Week - Sophia Webster


During London fashion week I had the pleasure of working for shoe designer Sophia Webster, I interned for a short while helping with the production of her show. When we arrived at the location for the show it was a very minimal stripped back church like building, and I was unsure of how they could transform it into something more "sophia-esque". When i arrived on the day of the show I was amazed at how quickly and efficiently the space was created. The workshop run by Rhea Thierstein introduced me to work of set designer Shona Heath. Shona was working on the Sophia Webster show, and I had the pleasure of watching her create amazing props, sets and costumes out of ordinary objects. She utilises her imagination and a huge range of recourses to create these designs. Although the concept for my shoot is very stripped back and minimal, this has inspired me to experiment in future with props and set design

No comments:

Post a Comment